Monday 14 March 2011

I did it!!

Yup. I did it-was slightly alarmed to discover that my first night at running club was their last night of a 10 week programme and were being 'rewarded' with a 5k run. Cue me metaphorically soiling my pants. I think the colour drained from my face and my feet started edging me towards the door as my mind starting to formulate escape routes. However everybody's amazingly welcoming faces and easy chats put me immediately to ease and my mouth on motor-controlled natter. I do like a good natter-and surprisingly, against all my better judgements that's all that the evening felt like-a really inspirational, energetic, emotionally bonding chat. I was so prepared to fail that I surprised myself and everybody else that I could actually run, after spending so much time convincing myself that I'm not a runner. Yet it seems I am a good talker and I do have a body and legs and stubbornness and that's one thing I have learned from this evening: is that's all you need! So whatever you have convinced yourself that you can't do, or don't like, find the right people to be with and I think you can amaze yourself with what you do like and what you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment