Sunday 13 March 2011

Running around in circles.

Tomorrow I'm joining a running club. To say I'm nervous is to understate it, and to say I'm underprepared would pretty much sum it up. My trainers have a giant chasm through the sole of them (my god I hope thats not a metaphor for anything...!), and the longest I have ever run singularly is 1 mile-and that was once, and with the brute stubbornness of a mule, which I am hoping will accompany me alongside the 4 miles I'll be jogging this time tomorrow. O and plus I've been told that I'll need to be wearing a fluorescent jacket-so the entire of my town can immediately see me and the blancmange I'll be sporting in place of my face! Despite these niggles I have decided that I am going to get through it-two of my most fabulous friends today have completed a half marathon-thats part of my inspiration. Also the girl who recommended it has 2 children, works a hard job, and does a degree-if this go-get-it mentality is borne, or at least enabled by running then I definitely want to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment