Tuesday 8 May 2012

Lesson 101: Do Irish jigs and wave paintbrushes. It gets you places.

So, did an Irish jig and waved a paintbrush at 40 members of Livewire Radio Station in the hope of getting elected as the Social Secretary. I have to resubmit my application due to an admin problem, but this is totes a cover up for their disdain of my dancing. Think I need to sort out my life.

Had a really wonderful feeling of calmness today. Things have just been such a ridiculous level of craziness. Reminded me of my first day in Sofia, where I arrived so crazily sleep deprived, having only 45 minutes of disrupted sleep as there were about 4 separate border control officers who woke me up to check my passport. I only had 2 days in Sofia, and Bulgaria was one of the main places I wanted to visit, so really wanted to make sure I made the most of it. I had one of the most memorable times travelling, meeting some incredible people, staying at the sensational Hostel Mostel, and met the beautiful Eduard who I had a relationship with, that whilst was unsuccessful after a couple of months, was something quite special. Ed has said to me since of that time, that he couldn't tell how sleep deprived I was, and I felt so part of the social group and the parties even though I felt so pooped.

So, this past weekend we were rehearsing for 8 hours, and it was pretty gruelling. Our set consists of many trees, logs, a tonne (a LITERAL tonne. I shit you not) of earth and lots of contact mats and movements. I didn't know my lines nearly as well as I should have done, and it showed. But between some of my cast members there are moments of REAL beauty. I really hope they go far in the theatrical world by acting because they are magnificent to work with and magnificent to watch.

After that day, everyone was totally pooped and planned to chilllax, but crazy Kate-a-dingle (i.e, me!) was stage managing a show for the Norfolk and Norwich Festival, please check out the details here: http://www.nnfestival.org.uk/festival/outdoor/the-voice-project. Its very exciting!! Really love my director too, loved the community theatre, got to go up the Triphorium of the Cathedral, and saw graffiti dated 1693. A-MAZIN'! The triphorium looks down like a balcony, surrounding the walls, onto the seating and altar, and my word is it breathtaking. They also had discarded ornate scultures, y'know, your general riffraff you have about the place....Had to do alot of timings and running and knowing what I and 39 other people should be doing, cue by cue by cue. And funnily enough, I did. I never usually can even conduct MYSELF, but I stayed calm, and loved every second. Luckily, this calmness has pervaded into my normal life, and the mishmash of revising for the exam today, plus tech and dress rehearsal; both of which I was badly prepared for, but both of which I was reliatively happy with the results.

Also, to juxtapose this whole grown up, organised nonsense, I have mouldy mugs, jugs and cups. I'M AN EVIL PERSON AND THIS HABIT SHOULD HAVE ENDED WHEN MY BOWL HAIRCUT DID! I know. So not even sniffing at the school of cool. I have now washed them, and mentally sat on the naughty step. I'm going to use the excuse of business, but I know that the Queen is a busy lady, and she still manages to have non - mouldy cups floating around so its just not acceptable. Yuck. In other disgusting news, I have mud ALL OVER my feet, toe nails, hair, bra, belly button. I think I'm pretty much what Liberty X had in mind back in the mid noughties when they were singing their cover of 'Sexyyyy, everything about you is so sexxxyyyy, you don't even know what you....go - hoooot, you're really hitting my spo-hooot, o yeh'. Well I know I have lots of mud and I think thats a turn on.

On that note, I'm going to turn off. Night y'all. Stay calm, wave paintbrushes, do jigs, and sleep 45 mins. Its a working formula x

No comments:

Post a Comment