Wednesday 4 April 2012

Harbouring a Hamster: Its harder than you think.

My cleaner is out there. Me and Banquo are on silent mode - he's hiding under his nest of ripped up paper, and well, I don't have any ripped up paper but I sure am being quiet.

Which is a bit tricky because I'm SO excited, I can barely sit still. I'm getting involved with this promotional day at the Forum on the 13th of April for Couchsurfing. PLUS, I emailed the Concrete editor and asked if I could write a feature about it, which may include interviews and stuff. WAHOOO! Which is doubley exciting considering yesterday I wrote my 'Bucket list', and by doing this activity I would be fullfilling my desire to 'write a feature in Concrete' and 'get more involved in the couchsurfing Norwich community'. EEEEEEEEEK. I'm also, following the success and enjoyment of mine and Ed's, going to try and get on the road a photo scavenger hunt around Norwich for Couchsurfers, so we can get to know each other a bit more! I think they seem really active, so hopefully I can mingle like a pringle at a party with them (I mean being wanted more of, rather than being crunched to oblivion. O, metaphors you ellude me!).

I'll probably upload some of the photo scavenger photos soon - we got some good 'uns. My personal favourites are mine and Ed's names inscribed in cow poop (Ed did the writing,,,what a gent!), me kissing a 50 year old (well, I think he was older, and its not my favourite because it was a PLEASURABLE experience, but definitely a ding dongingly daring experience), me flipping burgers in a kebab shop (although in one of the photos one of the members of staff is miming killing me with a knife...), me naked in a field (Bless Ed, he didn't know where to look! But its definitely more envigorating than you'd think!).

This weekend I'm hoping to hitchike to London to see my sister and brother in law as they've just moved house which is FLIPPING exciting because they are lovely together, apart, and VERY good at making a house look really pretty. SO can't wait to see what they've made of it! Also, hoping to see my friend James who I met doing TEFL last year, and we've arranged, and failed to meet up SO many times, but hopefully he'll be back from Barcelona and I'll have enough time.

Plus many other exciting jaunts, but right now I'm going to (and by going to, I mean that I will do it, and not get distracted like yesterday!) read the script and start researching for a performance I'm doing in 2 weeks, which is inspired by these funky yahoos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkBLseora7A

No comments:

Post a Comment