Tuesday 24 April 2012

I know I must be learning because my head and body feels like scrambled eggs.

I remember the time when learning the alphabet was a pretty tall order.

 At the moment in rehearsals we're attempting to recreate a French pastoral world of the peasants. Today we had to be wheat. We had to think like wheat, move like wheat, make our eyes look like wheat, breathe like wheat. I'm thinking like 'What?'. Usually it would totes be up my street, I mean, who doesn't want to be a field of wheat? But, surprisingly, going to bed at silly hours, and waking up 15 minutes before rehearsal starts, doesn't equip you with bags of enthusiasm.

 Additionally, the most inappropriate bodily functions seem to raise their heads when doing physical theatre. For instance, my partner had to kick me so I rolled over, and then pick up my legs to turn me into a wheelbarrow, and everytime he came to lift my legs I started to need to fart. NOT COOL. I didn't feel brave enough to tell my partner my predicament so I just had to squeeze my bum cheeks together tighter than when you're trying to crack a nut, alongside contorting and tightening all of my other muscles.

I think for today I'm going to stick with what I know...a...b...c...d...e...f...g.......and tomorrow make S-A-Y W-H-A-T into B-E-I-N-G W-H-E-A-T.

No comments:

Post a Comment